The luxury truck segment has grown significantly in the past nine years. Heavy Duty pickup buyers gravitate toward luxury trims. More than 40 percent of the heavy duty sales mix is in luxury trims.
Affluent truck buyers know that the new generation of luxury pickup trucks offer many of the features found in premium-priced cars and SUVs, but also offer hard-working capability that no passenger car can match.
Tungsten is considered a rare metal and known as one of the toughest things found in nature. The dense, heavy metal has the highest melting point of all the elements and is harder than steel. What better material to describe Ram’s highest trim.
- Ram continues building high-end momentum with new top-of-class Limited Tungsten Edition
- Ultra-premium “Natura Plus” Frost and Indigo-hued leather seats, truck industry’s first suede headliner and genuine wood trim fill the interior of Ram Limited Tungsten Edition
- Adding unique materials and colors to Ram Limited, the Tungsten’s exterior trim features several alterations, including sport hood (1500), body-color components and Tungsten Chrome R-A-M lettered grille
- Limited Tungsten trim is part of Ram’s strategy to continue its aggressive pace in the luxury truck market
- Ram Limited Tungsten features 8.4-inch radio display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and SiriusXM Guardian
Ram Truck brand is taking truck opulence to the highest level with the introduction of the new 2018 Ram Limited Tungsten Edition.
The enhanced interior and exterior trim aligns with Ram’s leadership in design and luxury.
“The Limited Tungsten Edition is the highest trim level Ram has made available,” said Mike Manley, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – Global. “The new Tungsten Edition is an example of how Ram directly responds to customer input by offering the industry’s most luxurious pickup. Premium truck buyers will recognize the attention to detail, surrounded by quality materials.”
Ram Tungsten builds on the popular Limited trim with an even higher level of sophistication and attention to detail. Notable additions are a truck segment-first Light Greystone suede headliner and ultra-premium “Natura Plus” Frost and Indigo-colored premium leather throughout the cabin, including the seats, instrument panel, steering wheel, center arm rest and doors. Tungsten models also feature Indigo-colored carpet with rubber floormats and snap-out Frost and Indigo carpeted inserts. Real wood interior components and unique badges complete the first-tier trim.
Leading the exterior on Ram’s halo trim is a Tungsten Chrome grille with large R-A-M lettering, a design modeled after the Limited. The Tungsten Edition adds a sport hood (1500 only) to the body-color matched bumpers, mirrors, door handles and running boards. Headlamps feature a Black surround borrowed from the Sport model, clearly distinguishing the new model. Across the back, body-color “R-A-M” letters cover the tailgate. Tungsten Chrome accents and badging with unique Satin-painted Limited wheels complete the highest-level trim available from Ram.
Ram Tungsten is also equipped with air suspension (1500), navigational radio, remote start, backup camera, power adjustable pedals with memory, heated steering wheel, front ventilated and heated seats, heated rear seats and RamBox (Heavy Duty, 6-foot, 4-inch bed only). The standard 8.4-inch Uconnect radio includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and SiriusXM Guardian.
Available in the third quarter of 2017, Ram Limited Tungsten trim will be offered on the Ram 1500, Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 single- and dual-rear-wheel; Crew Cab and Mega Cab (Heavy Duty); four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive; and short- and long-wheelbase models.
The 2018 Ram Limited Tungsten is available in the following colors: Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black Crystal, Delmonico Red Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Maximum Steel Metallic (1500 only), Pearl White and True Blue Pearl.
Ram 1500 Limited Tungsten Edition MSRP starts at $55,120.
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with America’s longest-lasting line of pickups.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Longest-lasting line of pickups
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Best-in-class ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 29 mpg and 754 miles with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.